Thursday, September 17

Annoying if you ask me.

Do you ever find yourself getting annoyed by those who have already found a job? 

Just the other day, I was at a 'social gathering,' and I ran into a few old friends. A few of us were spending time catching up and commiserating about what its like living at home with our parents and having nothing to do. 

Out of the blue, one of my friends' said, "I am working now! My dad got me a job at his company. I am some guys 'assistant.' It's not the same as a secretary. But its kind of like that." 

I'm sorry. Her dad got her a job? Her DAD GOT HER a job? Ugh. 

Here I am, working my tail off. . . emailing hundreds of people, going through dozens of interviews, dealing with rejections and disappointments. All the while, my dad stands by and says, "Keep up the good work." 

What is it with these parents who do all the work for their kids? If you ask me, it seems a little ridiculous to go through 4 years of college just to have your daddy do all the work for you once you've graduated. What is the point of all the studying and preparation and practice? I don't know, I just find it to be annoying.

Although I must say. . . I wish my dad would get me a job.


1 comment:

  1. you should look into www.amplifytrading.com for a good opportunity

    ReplyDelete